Flowserve Corporation Applications Engineer in Taneytown, Maryland
Flowserve is the recognized world leader in supplying pumps, valves, seals, automation, and services to the power, oil, gas, chemical, and other industries. With more than 18,000 employees in more than 55 countries, we combine our global reach with a local presence.
Our Taneytown, MD Pump Manufacturing facility is over 150,000 square feet and provides capability for engineering, design, customer service, machining, assembly, and testing for a diverse chemical). The facility has expanded four times since opening in 1971 to accommodate product portfolio, which serves all markets (power, oil & gas, water resources, general industry, and revenue growth and product line developments. The staff of approximately 230 are provided a unique environment, where the entire project lifecycle is experienced all under the same roof.
· Evaluate customer requirements, specifications, and other pertinent data.
· Assure proposed equipment meets technical and performance requirements.
· Prepare proposals using available information in Affinity for standard products.
· Obtain cost estimates when product cannot be priced from Affinity. Prepare proposal accordingly.
· Work closely with Sales to facilitate the sales effort.
· Review customer orders to insure they are acceptable relative to commercial terms, price, and delivery.
· Understand and implement FLS corporate policy to achieve both customer and company goals.
· Cooperate with other departments to execute customer orders and meet customer requirements.
· Communicate timely to Management and all other stakeholders on all pertinent issues related to the Market.
· Act as a primary point of contact for major customers and the division for coordinating multi-factory operations in support of the project initiatives, profit margins and schedules.
· Participate in a minimum of 30 hours training in product range and/or skills training.
· Provide product support to sales, distributors, representatives, and other Flowserve locations.
· Participate in pre- and post- award meetings.
· Special projects as required.
· Bachelor of Science degree in Engineering (Mechanical, Civil and or Chemical Engineering preferred)
· 2+ years of related experience preferred
· Proficient with Microsoft Office tools
· Must work in a team oriented environment
· AutoCAD is a plus
Job Posting/Business Card Title:
Primary Posting Location:
Taneytown, Maryland US
Percentage of Approximate Travel Required:
United States of America
Job Posting Category:
Auto req ID: