Flowserve Corporation Manager, Supply Chain in Springville, Utah
Flowserve is the recognized world leader in supplying pumps, valves, seals, automation, and services to the power, oil, gas, chemical, and other industries. With more than 18,000 employees in more than 55 countries, we combine our global reach with a local presence.
This position is responsible for ensure that production materials and parts are available to meet production schedules and negotiates purchase agreements, monitors delivery schedules, handles returns, and establishes good relationships with multiple vendors and develop suppliers who are able to meet quality, lead time and costing requirements. The Supply Chain Manager will manage the materials sourcing, purchasing, and inventory control, receiving, stockroom and shipping functions in an efficient and cost effective manner.
Collaborate with other cross functional support departments to:
· Increase OTD to meet/exceed customers’ expectations
· Reduce and maintain accurate past due backlog reporting
· Work with accounting on POC orders to set monthly and quarterly revenue goals and project order tracking.
· Maintain cycle count accuracy to exceed corporate goals
· Manage resources to complete “today’s work today”
· Drive cost savings and LCS and support project costing
· Maintain and drive best practice planning and inventory strategies
· Maintain forecasts for both new and existing products
· Supplier development
· Increase quality of delivered parts (reduce external COPQ)
· Improve delivery performance of suppliers
· Reduce cost & lead time associated with direct and indirect materials
· Performance metric tracking and improvement for all downline departments
· Development of tools designed to designed to simplify, improve and eliminate waste for all downline processes and drive continuous improvement
· Inventory reduction including OSMI
· Actively support new product development initiatives
· Development and maintain OJT and processes for each downline department
· Hire, training, development and retention of employees
· Improve employee engagement survey results
· Capital Project Management (improvements and acquisitions)
· Manufacturing/office equipment leases
· Oversight of inbound freight carriers and logistics compliance
· Safety Mindset: Ensure safety of all personnel and compliance with corporate policy and regulations
· Ensure compliance to department approval levels and other requirements to meet SOX
· Ensure compliance to Quality Manual and processes to maintain certification and successful completion of internal and external audits.
· Manage the Purchase of finished goods and raw materials, such as machined parts, castings, forgings, bar metals, and shop supplies.
· Direct sourcing decisions that demonstrate a solid understanding of commercial terms, price quotes, discounts, schedules, etc.
· Oversee Team in negotiating terms with vendors, considering lead-times and operational capacity, delivery terms, and payment terms. Demonstrate an understanding of the needs of the vendors and the Company so as to establish win-win agreements and relationships.
· Oversee Team to resolve billing, delivery, and return issues with suppliers.
· Resolve problems with the right level of initiative, collaboration, and perseverance to satisfy requests while following procedures.
· Help Team identify alternative options for supplying unavailable products and services.
· Communicate status and issues regularly with Engineering, Receiving, Manufacturing, and Customer Support.
· Demonstrate proficiency with Company products, procedures, and operating systems. Work with MRP system, and as needed, with sales and engineering information systems.
· Obtain basic parts information from engineered drawings.
· Work to meet financial objectives by monitoring and reporting on costs, investigating variances, and recommending new approaches to reduce costs.
· Regularly evaluate suppliers in terms of quality, delivery, commercial and technical development.
· Create and maintain accurate, organized records.
· Oversee auditing of inventory records to ensure inventory accuracy.
· Understand and comply with legal requirements (e.g., SOX, Export Compliance, Terms and Conditions, ISO, FCPA, etc.)
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, or crouch. The employee must also occasionally lift twenty-five pounds or less. Specific vision abilities required by this job include clear vision at 20 inches or less and the ability to adjust focus.
This position occasionally requires exposure to work near moving mechanical parts. Typical noise levels are moderate.
Fifth year college or university program certificate; or five years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience (manufacturing environment preferred)
Essential Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common scientific and technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents. Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community. Ability to write speeches and articles for publication that conform to prescribed style and format. Ability to effectively present information to top management, public groups, and/or boards of directors.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
This job requires a person who is a skilled negotiator. This person should function as the “next level” when a negotiation stalls or requires a new perspective.
· 5+ years of relevant purchasing experience in a manufacturing environment required.
· 3+ years of supervisory and/or leading a team of purchasing professionals, supply chain professionals or buyers in a similar industry is preferred.
· Bachelor’s Degree in Supply Chain Management, Business, or related field highly desired or equivalent work experience.
· Working knowledge of ERP/MRP, proficient in Microsoft Office programs.
· Professional, clear, and articulate speaking skills on the phone and in person.
· Good writing skills.
· Capable, accurate math understanding and skills.
· Must project a collaborative, result-oriented approach.
· Must be able to resolve conflict and deal diplomatically with vendors, managers, and customers, and project a positive corporate image.
· Ability to stay calm in the face of deadlines and multiple demands.
· Good organizational skills, able to establish priorities and work to specific deadlines with minimum supervision.
· Dependable, reliable attendance and a strong work ethic.
· Lead and manage others in a constructive, motivating, and team oriented manner.
Beneficial Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Computer skills are requisite for this job. An in-depth knowledge of most office applications is required to function effectively. Additionally, a good knowledge of the manufacturing system is required in order to create efficiencies or implement improvements.
§ APICS certification preferred
§ In depth understand of MRP required
§ Understanding of Lean Principles
Job Posting/Business Card Title:
Manager, Supply Chain
Percentage of Approximate Travel Required:
Primary Posting Location:
Springville, Utah US
United States of America
Job Posting Category:
Auto req ID: