Flowserve Corporation Mechanical Design Engineer in Singapore, Singapore
Flowserve is the recognized world leader in supplying pumps, valves, seals, automation, and services to the power, oil, gas, chemical, and other industries. With more than 18,000 employees in more than 55 countries, we combine our global reach with a local presence.
The Mechanical Design Engineer will be responsible for supporting design activities focused on Additive Manufacturing technology development in Flowserve R&D. The ideal candidate will be required to use their design skills to drive product development with the use of Additive Manufacturing technologies. You should possess strong experience in product design, industrial manufacturing techniques, 3D modelling, dimensioning and tolerancing, casting technologies, and current indirect and direct additive manufacturing technologies. We are looking for a candidate with a minimum of 3 years of relevant work experience with a keen interest in developing the design process for Additive Manufacturing with an Industry leader.
Superior communication and interpersonal skills, the ability to work cross-functionally with other areas of the organization, strong analytical skills, a professional demeanor and the ability to participate in and lead teams are the keys to this position. Strong organizational skills are required to be able to effectively manage multiple projects and tasks simultaneously. The incumbent must be able to work in a highly visible, dynamic and fast paced environment. They must also have a curiosity, desire and strong enjoyment of developing new insights to drive the business forward diving into available data for the purpose of developing new insights to develop predictive analytics models
• Professional experience in mechanical design of industrial equipment
• Advanced proficiency in 3D Modeling (Solidworks, Inventor, Creo, etc)
• Engineering documentation, drafting, geometric dimensioning and tolerancing
• Experience and/or great interest in Additive Manufacturing and Design for Additive Manufacturing
• Effective oral and written communications
• Team-oriented; values communication and involvement of others
• Able to effectively self-manage; makes decisions around priorities
Specialized Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
• Experience with casting technologies and associated design standards
• Experience with component scanning technologies
• Experience with international design standards (e.g. NACE, API)
• Proficiency in Finte Element Analysis (FEA) and associated software packages
• Fundamental understanding of pump applications and types; clear understanding of hydraulic fundamentals and how these relate to pumps and pump systems
• Capable of working closely with internal and external customers (face to face or by telephone) and having good verbal and written communication skills.
• High standard of written and spoken English; strong PC skills, additional language skills desirable
• Ability to work effectively in a fast paced environment.
• Collaborate with and support engineers in the design of 3D printed optimized part designs and casting patterns/mold assemblies
• Design parts for additive manufacturing using the latest 3D modelling software
• Work with 3D scanning technology to develop 3D models for Additive Manufacturing
• Develop tools, guidelines, and standards for designing parts for Additive Manufacturing
• Develop and optimize methods to 3D print metallic parts
• Develop and optimize methods for polymer and sand additive manufacturing for castings.
• Support innovation of product developments
• Development of expertise in printing technology
• Present Additive Manufacturing technologies to internal and external parties
• Support global Flowserve R&D teams
Job Posting/Business Card Title:
Mechanical Design Engineer
Percentage of Approximate Travel Required:
Primary Posting Location:
Job Posting Category:
Auto req ID: