Flowserve Corporation Director, Accounting in Santa Clara, Mexico
Flowserve is the recognized world leader in supplying pumps, valves, seals, automation, and services to the power, oil, gas, chemical, and other industries. With more than 18,000 employees in more than 55 countries, we combine our global reach with a local presence.
· Accurate, timely and SOX compliant accounting under US GAAP.
· Annual accounting and reporting under local statutory rules.
· Establishment of Accounting Shared Services for our Latin America region is a plus.
· Ensure that accounting practices comply with corporate policies and procedures and regulatory requirements.
· Coordinate the development of financial reports that provide financial information to support business decisions and meet regulatory reporting requirements.
· Ensure that manufacturing and service sites maintain an adequate system of internal controls to provide reasonable assurance that assets are protected and results are properly reported. Ensure that there are no material weaknesses or significant deficiencies in controls that would require external disclosure under the Sarbanes-Oxley regulations.
· Ensure that appropriate cost accounting systems are maintained and that costs are appropriate and updated on a timely basis. Ensure that costs used for estimating purposes are appropriate and comprehensive.
· Support Corporate tax planning activities that minimize the Company’s taxes. Ensure applicable sales, VAT, use and property taxes are appropriately reported, not overstated and are filed on a timely basis. Assist in tax audits as needed.
· Follow treasury policies for credit and collections, cash management, foreign exchange, risk management and other applicable procedures.
· High level of intelligence, excellent quantitative and analytical skills, a broad business perspective with good business judgment.
· Solid planning and organizing skills.
· Strong project management skills.
· Demonstrated vision and leadership skills. Willingness to take a creative approach to problem solving when the situation requires.
· Strong interpersonal skills with an ability to work well with others and function in a team-oriented environment…demonstrated ability to relate to senior management and other “internal” clients.
· Communications skills, both oral and written, must be excellent. Effective presentation skills are a requirement.
· A listener, with the ability to learn from other’s perspectives.
· Solid work ethic, genuine, participative, reasonable, and patient.
· Ability to function in a changing work environment. Invigorated by change.
· Must possess an inquisitive mind. Likes to ask questions and understand issues more fully.
· Must be able to multi-task between various projects and activities.
· Bachelor Degree in Accounting is required. Professional accounting certification [VB1] is strongly preferred.
· Minimum of 15 years of financial and/or accounting experience
· Must have experience working in a global manufacturing environment
· Must have experience with manufacturing costing
· Fluency in Spanish
· Specific experience in a multi-national Financial Leadership role is required, experience with U.S. publicly-held company preferred.
· Proven experience in troubleshooting and implementing accounting controls along with solid business skills to compliment technical accounting and finance skills. Team builder who has supervisory experience.
· Prior experience managing project is a plus
· Must be a proactive and detail oriented individual capable of monitoring the financial systems and controls, and making the necessary changes to upgrade systems and policies and procedures.
· Candidate should have a minimum of 5 years of experience managing several direct reports and a financial organization.
· Candidate must have ability to lead a financial organization, and manage, mentor and develop skills in that organization.
· Experience managing across borders and cultures is essential.
· There is 20-30% traveling including domestic and international locations
The Latin America Director Accounting reports into the Company’s Accounting organization and directs the accounting activities of the Latin America Region to effectively capture, record, analyze and report revenue and expenses in accordance with U.S. Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and local statutory rules. The Latin America Director Accounting will also oversee the planning and implementation of Accounting Shared Services in the Region. Protection of the Company's assets is critical to this job and ensuring proper segregation of activities and assisting the functional finance leaders in the daily conduct of business are essential elements of this role. An additional focus is to implement and maintain and effective system of internal controls.
Job Posting/Business Card Title:
Percentage of Approximate Travel Required:
Job Posting Category:
Finance & Accounting
Primary Posting Location:
Santa Clara, MX
Auto req ID: