Flowserve Corporation Sales Support Representative in Port Arthur, Texas
Flowserve is the recognized world leader in supplying pumps, valves, seals, automation, and services to the power, oil, gas, chemical, and other industries. With more than 18,000 employees in more than 55 countries, we combine our global reach with a local presence.
Flowserve is looking for a sharp, motivated Inside Sales Support Associate to respond to our customers’ questions about parts, pricing, repair jobs, and service for our rotating pumps and equipment used in industrial settings, including refineries, chemical plants, and power companies. The successful candidate will be able to work effectively with our extensive parts catalog, drawings, and many other reference materials to quickly and accurately support customer orders and questions.
Sales Support Representative duties include, but not limited to:
• Respond to phone, fax, and email inquiries about price quotes, discounts, parts availability, order status, etc., with a solid understanding of commercial terms, the terms of existing contracts, and the process required to set up new accounts.
• Process orders, quotations, change orders, shipping modes, etc. accurately and quickly. Demonstrated ability to expedite orders.
• Resolve problems with the right level of initiative, collaboration, and perseverance to satisfy the customer's requests within the guidelines of published procedures. Help provide alternative options for supplying unavailable products and services.
• Negotiate terms with customers, including lead-times in accordance with operational capacity, delivery terms, and payment terms. Demonstrate an understanding of the needs of the customer and the Company so as to establish win-win agreements and relationships. Review contracts.
• Communicate daily with all stakeholders regarding customer service status and issues.
• Maintain current, accurate, organized records.
• Work as needed with sales and engineering information systems.
• Obtain basic parts information from CAD drawings.
• Understand and comply with legal requirements (e.g., SOX, Export Compliance, Terms and Conditions, ISO, FCPA, etc.).
• 2+ years of relevant work experience
• Proficient in Microsoft Office programs, including Excel, Word and Outlook
• Must project a strong customer focus, able to deal diplomatically with customers and project a positive corporate image.
• Good organizational skills, able to establish priorities and work to specific deadlines
• Resourceful and motivated to make contacts in the larger Flowserve organization to get information and resolve issues
• Pleasant, clear, and articulate speaking skills on the phone and in person.
• Exhibit excellent writing skills with clarity, appropriate tone, good organization and mechanics.
• Basic math understanding and skills.
Good organizational skills, able to multitask
Job Posting/Business Card Title:
Sales Support Representative
Primary Posting Location:
Port Arthur, Texas US
Percentage of Approximate Travel Required:
United States of America
Job Posting Category:
Auto req ID: