Flowserve Corporation Sales Engineer in Pasadena, Texas
Flowserve is the recognized world leader in supplying pumps, valves, seals, automation, and services to the power, oil, gas, chemical, and other industries. With more than 18,000 employees in more than 55 countries, we combine our global reach with a local presence.
The Sales Engineer’s primary function is to ensure engagement with customers on the promotion of Flowserve products, services, and solutions. The SE will be responsible for achieving sales growth at customers in a designated territory within the pipeline market. The incumbent is also expected to contribute to the development of key guidelines to provide standardization of effort throughout all customers and to demonstrate the value proposition to our customers for the establishment of long term business relationships. The incumbent will report directly to the Manager of Sales, NA Pipeline.
Job duties include, but are not limited to:
Assure that FSG’s products, capabilities, and services are promoted and articulated in the marketplace.
Provide timely responses to both internal and external customers.
Ensure quality of engineering/service support at customer sites.
Facilitate sales growth associated with parts, upgrades, and repairs at key customers.
Organize and ensure regular communication with key customers in designated territory.
Coordinate/institute preparation of quarterly updates on progress to yearly objectives.
Identify root cause associated with equipment which is not achieving customer desired reliability.
Participate in and provide guidance for yearly and long term planning process.
Assist in preparing a comprehensive territory and account plan for designated territory.
Actively participate in training requirements to remain current on industry practices and technologies.
Assist in preparation of weekly activity reports and key account strategies to support growth initiatives.
Manage relationships at key HQ accounts to ensure customer satisfaction is achieved.
The position is located in Houston, TX.
To successfully accomplish the duties of the position, the incumbent is required to have:
· Comprehensive knowledge of the Pipeline market requirements.
· Knowledge of operation of centrifugal pumps, mechanical seals, and rotating equipment.
· Knowledge of aftermarket service and solutions related to rotating equipment primarily centrifugal pumps and mechanical seals.
· A technical degree (Mechancial Engineering preferred) ( equivalent experience may suffice ) is required.
· PC knowledge, including CAD, Microsoft Excel, Access and Word is a must.
· Good communication/interpersonal skills.
· Strong self-motivation, willingness to learn, and work ethics.
· Previous experience in an administrative role is highly recommended
Training in sales techniques, negotiations, and business finance preferred.
Previous experience in the oil & gas market with an emphasis on midstream.
Job Posting/Business Card Title:
Percentage of Approximate Travel Required:
Primary Posting Location:
Pasadena, Texas US
United States of America
Job Posting Category:
Auto req ID: