Flowserve Corporation Designer Co-op/Intern in Kalamazoo, Michigan
Flowserve is the recognized world leader in supplying pumps, valves, seals, automation, and services to the power, oil, gas, chemical, and other industries. With more than 18,000 employees in more than 55 countries, we combine our global reach with a local presence.
The Kalamazoo Order Engineering (OE) team is responsible for providing customized sealing solutions to meet the needs of the customer by creating seal assembly drawings, bills of materials and the corresponding part detail drawings. To support these functions, OE is looking for an intern to assist product designers and engineers. The intern would also interface with Manufacturing, Supply Chain, and Quality Assurance to assist in the completion of customer orders or special projects.
Design Support duties include:
• Providing engineering and design support on all aspects of new seal orders, proposals, and special projects within the department.
• Under supervision, create or revise bills of materials, basic assemblies, and part detail drawings using best practices for tolerances and GD&T.
• Assist in the review of customer orders.
• Support departmental Continuous Improvement Process (CIP) efforts.
• Assist in projects to update design standards, work instructions, and engineering directives.
• Working towards a BS in Engineering Design Technology, Mechanical Engineering Technology, or equivalent degree at a local institution to allow for part time work at the Kalamazoo facility while attending school (full time for the summer months).
• Experience in computer aided design, 2D and 3D
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Excellent computer skills including MS Word and Excel
• Ability to work well in a team oriented environment.
• Experience with design analysis, including the use of FEA, a plus
• Strong project management skills desirable
Job Posting/Business Card Title:
Primary Posting Location:
Kalamazoo, Michigan US
Percentage of Approximate Travel Required:
Job Posting Category:
United States of America
Auto req ID: