Flowserve Corporation Electronic Precision Assembler in Houston, Texas
Flowserve is the recognized world leader in supplying pumps, valves, seals, automation, and services to the power, oil, gas, chemical, and other industries. With more than 18,000 employees in more than 55 countries, we combine our global reach with a local presence.
• Assembling and installing electrical components
• Assembling, repairing, formatting and refurbishing all malfunctions in the equipment and replacing necessary parts.
• Completing all tasks as assigned by the supervisor.
• Submitting maintenance, service and evaluation reports to the supervising manager.
• Filling order forms for placing orders for electronic spare parts.
• Keeping a logbook record of all electronic repair and maintenance work that have been done.
• Assisting the engineering staff in designing, developing and manufacturing electrical goods and equipment.
• Diagnosis of electrical problems and repairing them under supervision.
• Testing electrical circuits and ensuring their effective operation & safety.
• Recording any kind of electrical problems and reporting them.
• Melts and applies solder along adjoining edges of work pieces to solder joints, using soldering iron.
• Replaces defective components and wiring.
• Melts and separates soldered joints to repair misaligned or damaged assemblies, using soldering and/or rework equipment.
• Adjusts mechanical parts, using hand tools and soldering iron.
• Tests electronic components and circuits to locate defects, using signal generators, ampmeters, and voltmeters and other measurement equipment as required.
• Maintains records of repairs, calibrations, and tests and documents related processes.
• Enters information into computer to copy program from one electronic component to another, or to draw, modify, or store schematics.
• May be asked to perform other duties at a lower level or higher level of proficiency or not related to this classification on occasion.
The Technician assembles boards, cables & enclosures, as well as repairs, troubleshoots and evaluates multiple units. The Technician also analyzes data (history and observations) to troubleshoot processes and facilitate corrective action. This is more commonly referred to as a bench tech and works on the production floor.
A safety conscious individual with previous electronics experience that is willing to work overtime, weekends, and holidays as required. Basic computer skills with knowledge in Microsoft Word and Excel are necessary. The individual must be self-motivated, efficient, and have a multi-tasking mindset. Working individually or part of a team and being an effective communicator is essential.
SKILLS AND SPECIFICATIONS
• Should have good written and verbal communication skills.
• Knack to detect electronic malfunctions and repair immediately.
• Ability to effectively use electronic repair tools and testers.
• Ability to effectively manage time and complete all tasks as assigned by the supervisor
• Knowledge about practical application of electrical engineering concepts
• Knowledge about the usage of tools used in the development and repair of electrical equipment
• Knowledge about safety precautions involved while working high powerful electrical equipment
• Knowledge about the codes, rules, regulations and standards of electrical equipment
• Ability to understand instructions, think critically, diagnose problems and provide troubleshooting solutions
The individual must have a high school diploma or G.E.D with good written and verbal communication skills. Also, needed is the ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Basic math skills are a necessity which include the ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, fractions, and decimals. The ability to apply common sense to carry out instructions with several manipulating variables is required.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; talk or hear. The employee must frequently be able to walk; reach with hands and arms; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance; and taste or smell. The employee is regularly required to lift fifty pounds or less. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
This position regularly requires exposure to wet or humid conditions (non-weather); fumes or airborne particles; and outdoor weather conditions. It occasionally requires exposure to risk of radiation and vibration. Typical noise levels for the work environment of this position are loud.
Job Posting/Business Card Title:
Electronic Precision Assembler
Percentage of Approximate Travel Required:
Primary Posting Location:
Houston, Texas US
United States of America
Job Posting Category:
Auto req ID: