Flowserve Corporation Engineering Associate - University Leader in Chesapeake, Virginia
Flowserve is the recognized world leader in supplying pumps, valves, seals, automation, and services to the power, oil, gas, chemical, and other industries. With more than 18,000 employees in more than 55 countries, we combine our global reach with a local presence.
An Engineering Associate will be engaged in a number of activities related to applications engineering, project and product engineering, and R&D engineering. Specific responsibilities to include support of the order acquisition and fulfillment process as well as contributing to the design, analysis and testing of new and existing product lines.
This position requires participation in an early career rotational (three 9 month assignments) program to accelerate the development of early career technical talent. This is accomplished through a set of defined, time-bound experiences needed for the Applications Engineer role, a key point of entry into the Operations career paths.
Primary responsibilities include but not limited to:
· Work closely with the sales and commercial operations teams during the order acquisition phase to understand the needs of the customer and support the proposal process to meet those needs
· Work directly with a Product Engineer to review the customer purchase order and specifications, compile design information and prepare order documentation, review and approve drawings, and participate in performance testing to support the order fulfillment process.
· Work on a cross-functional team to design, model, fabricate, and test new designs and prototypes
· Interface with customers, Flowserve leaders, and vendors to identify market opportunities to support growth of the Flowserve product portfolio
· B.S. in Mechanical Engineering or closely related degree
· 2D/3D CAD Experience
· Strong organization and work/project planning skills
· Strong analytical and problem solving skills
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills
· Self-motivated and effective collaborator
· Proficiency with Microsoft Office Software
· Familiarity with Industry Standards (API, ASME, Hydraulic Institute, ASTM, ISO)
· Experience with AutoCAD, Ansys, Creo, Windchill
· Experience with rotating and/or flow control equipment
Job Posting/Business Card Title:
Engineering Associate - University Leader
Primary Posting Location:
Chesapeake, Virginia US
Percentage of Approximate Travel Required:
Job Posting Category:
United States of America
Auto req ID: