Flowserve Corporation Engineer in Chennai, India
"Arial",sans-serif;color:black;background:white\">Flowserve is the recognized
world leader in supplying pumps, valves, seals, automation, and services to the
power, oil, gas, chemical, and other industries. With more than 18,000
employees in more than 55 countries, we combine our global reach with a local
· Performing tasks associated withcomplicatedlayout assembly design for special/ non-standard auxiliary products,generatingBOM, shop floor fabrication drawing, PMI & ASME drawings.
· Mapping of functional designrequirements;thermal & mechanical auxiliary system design requirements withrespect toapplication.
· Proper sizing and selection of hard wares,fieldinstruments, Thermal aids etc., applied in auxiliary systems of mechanicalseals.
· Perform general design calculations in-line withestablished international standards like pressure vessel design (ASME/ DOSHetc)
· Preparation of customized operating manual for non-standardauxiliary products and conversant with all types of engineering documents.
· Knowledge on nozzle load and Structural Analysis
· Demonstrate proficiency in specificationreview,capture, interpret and priorities the requirements
· Knowledge on piping, pressure vessels, Heat exchangerspreferred.
· Proficiency in 2D (AutoCAD) and 3Dmodelling(Inventor).
· Develop assigned associates on the mainstream functionsby sharing product knowledge and improving the understanding of thebusinessrequirements.
· Facilitate relationship between orderexecutionteam and all other departments required to effectively develop anddeliver project proposal drawings. Interface with customers and sales force asrequiredto complete design work accurately and on-time.
· Perform checking of own design work for compliancewith design and drafting standards and fulfillment of engineering job orderrequirements.
· Effectivelyutilize(reporting/interpreting/analyzing) establish business system featuresinday-to-day business.
· Demonstrate in-depth knowledge onProductspecific international standards and allied engineering standards.
· Consolidate project requirement and createdesignguideline document for engineering.
· Perform task associated with newdesignopportunities to enhance assigned product and reduce cost and /or leadtime to plan.
· Evaluating estimation hours’ / activitydurationestimation / critical path determination to align with BU expectations
· Finding missing info. and liaising andmobilizemissing info from Job Originator
· Checking the correctness of thedesignsoriginated by associates to ensure error free issue to downstream functions.
· Maintains certified designer status.
· Learn consistently and share the bestpracticesand knowledge to the team members.
· Identify and implement processimprovementinitiatives/projects.
Education and Experience
Engineering Diploma in Mechanical/Production
discipline or Equivalent (Minimum 3 year course) with 5+ years of experience in
engineering industries OR Engineering Graduate with 1-3 years of experience in
engineering industries preferably with Seal industry experience.
Experience with mechanical seals or rotating
Broad technical knowledge with the ability to
understand the requirements of pressure vessel , heat exchanger, manufacturing,
testing, Welding, NDE is a credential.
Cross-functional knowledge on instrumentation
application is a credential.
Collaborative skill is required to manage and
interact with all facility personnel, affiliates across globe and customers.
Should be proficient in Autodesk Inventor and
Achieve and maintain high level of internal and external
Desire for a challenging work environment.
Good Interpersonal and Communication (Both Verbal
and written) Skills.
Good Team Player.
Adapt quickly to changing business and customer need
Percentage of Approximate Travel Required:
Job Posting/Business Card Title:
Primary Posting Location:
Job Posting Category:
Auto req ID: