Flowserve Corporation Product Engineer Design to Value (DtV) - Associate in Budapest, Hungary
Flowserve is the recognized world leader in supplying pumps, valves, seals, automation, and services to the power, oil, gas, chemical, and other industries. With more than 18,000 employees in more than 55 countries, we combine our global reach with a local presence.
The Product Engineer develops and designs Flowserve products on mechanical and hydraulic aspects in order to meet market requirements and to provide basic designs to business units in accordance with customer specifications, national and international standards and internal procedures. The activities of the incumbent are as well order related product engineering work as quotation related engineering work consisting of customer specification review and the
implementation into clear project definitions. The Product Engineer plans the work with other engineering functions in order to meet the complete and on time issue of engineering documents for customer and internal use. The Product Engineer is a technical specialist for the product lines complementary to design authority sites. The Product Engineer assists in providing solutions on customer claims in close cooperation with product managers and the lead engineers from the design authority sites. The incumbent reports to the Engineer Leader Design to Value
• Plan, direct and coordinate product engineering activities in accordance with internal or customer requirements, company`s objectives and policies.
• Review and evaluate design specifications and supplier quotations related related to mechanical and hydraulic design of pumps, valve or seals.
• Advise on technical requirements and changes in design in order to provide improved costing baseline.
• Analyse product life cycles with the Product Manager and Project Manager and contribute to the reduction of cost of quality.
• Perform design activities to obtain cost effectiveness between quality, design and manufacturing in accordance with engineering design standards.
• Prepare and attend definition meetings.
• Support to the Customer Service Order Fulfillment, Manufacturing and Supply Chain department on technical support.
• Support of the engineering standards team with the ownership of Flowserve’s internal technical standards of the product lines, including the coordination of the standards updates and analyse technical data
• Support the design authority sites in the review and evaluation of design changes or deviations from standard design in the order acquisition phase for product lines
• Implement contract variations after review and acceptance.
• Ensure the on time issue of basic design details for product design and product testing.
• Submittal of high quality contractual documentation within the planning in order to meet company goals for on time delivery, quality, cash flow, cost reduction and engineering efficiency.
• Provide management with accurate and informative reports and evaluate the results of project assignments along with appropriate recommended course of action.
• Conduct or participate in Root Cause Analysis in order to define corrective and preventive actions.
• Participate in improvement project activities such as Green Belt, Lean Manufacturing and Six Sigma to improve the operational performance in accordance with customer specifications, company objectives/ policies, national and international standards and procedures.
• Define areas for standardization.
• Share information, knowledge and experience with other business units within Flowserve.
Work experience and skills requirements:
Bachelor degree in Mechanical Engineering is required.
Knowledge of the petrochemical industry in general is required.
Fluency in English and Hungarian are must.
Good oral and written communication skills.
Extended knowledge of Microsoft office programs, AutoCAD and ERP systems is an advantage.
Knowledge of casting design and foundry techniques, and Basic understanding of Value Engineering are also advantage.
Personal skills required:
Carry out a sense of energy, ownership and personal commitment to the work and the overall work environment.
Reliable in fulfilling obligations and consistently meets deadlines.
Encourages others to be accountable for commitments in their areas of responsibility.
Able to communicate at all levels in the organization.
Ability to motivate people and to continuously improve the safety culture and awareness.
Self-motivation and drive to meet schedules.
A key aspect of the transformation to Flowserve 2.0 is ensuring that we have competitive product offerings that present maximum value to the marketplace. Because our product families are based on legacy designs, they do not always effectively leverage the latest design or manufacturing technology, low cost sourcing strategies or our current manufacturing footprint. To address this opportunity, we will be deploying a robust Design to Value (DtV)
process to match our product designs to the needs of the marketplace while also reducing product costs. The product families to which the DtV process is applied will be determined based on Marketing priorities and the process itself will be built on strong collaborative efforts between Marketing, R&D, Engineering, Supply Chain, Manufacturing and Quality Assurance. The DTV team plays a key role in the execution of the DtV process inside Flowserve.
Job Posting/Business Card Title:
Product Engineer Design to Value (DtV) - Associate
Percentage of Approximate Travel Required:
Primary Posting Location:
Job Posting Category:
Auto req ID: