Flowserve Corporation General Ledger Supervisor in Budapest, Hungary
Flowserve is the recognized world leader in supplying pumps, valves, seals, automation, and services to the power, oil, gas, chemical, and other industries. With more than 18,000 employees in more than 55 countries, we combine our global reach with a local presence.
Flowserve is looking for a General Ledger Supervisor to join a growing Shared Service Center for a $4.0Bn Global US based company. The Shared Service Center is based in Budapest and serves the North American and EMEA region.
You would have the opportunity to travel abroad (Europe and United States), and work with the latest SAP/S4 HANA and other ERP systems. Use your language skills on a daily basis and build professional relationships around the world.
· Along with the transition team, supervise a team to transition general ledger responsibilities from US or EU sites into the Shared Service center.
· Supervise a team of 6-8 accountants in day to day work.
· Supervise the day to day accounting, month end closing processes and account reconciliations under US-GAAP.
· Work with the site controllers to ensure accurate and controlled financial statements for their site.
· Support internal and external audits.
· Responsible for balancing team workload and ensuring month-end deadlines and other KPI targets are met for the team.
· Help develop an environment and culture that supports the attraction and retention of quality talent.
· Develop, implement, and maintain effective internal controls for the centers operations.
· Build a culture of operational excellence and continuous improvement.
· Work cross functionally to ensure end-to-end processes work within the assigned region or sites.
· Maintain a good relationship with site leadership to ensure a healthy service level.
· Bachelor's Degree in accounting required, Master's Degree a plus. Chartered Accountant, CPA or equivalent preferred
· 5+ years’ experience is required, (2+ years in a Shared Service center)
· US GAAP and IFRS knowledge required.
· Experience in the ramp-up phase or significant growth of a service center.
· Demonstrated ability to motivate and develop people.
· Excellent verbal and written communication and negotiation skills in English.
· Strong bias for action and ability to proactively recognize and resolve issues.
Job Posting/Business Card Title:
General Ledger Supervisor
Percentage of Approximate Travel Required:
Primary Posting Location:
Job Posting Category:
Finance & Accounting
Auto req ID:
Flowserve is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, gender, disability or protected veteran status. Click here to learn more. Flowserve will also not discriminate against an applicant or employee for inquiring about, discussing or disclosing their pay or, in certain circumstances, the pay of their co-workers Click here to learn more.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access www.flowserve.jobs as result of your disability. You can request a reasonable accommodation by sending an e-mail to email@example.com. In order to quickly respond to your request, please use the words "Accommodation Request" as your subject line of your email. For more information, read the Accessibility Process.