Flowserve Corporation Buyer in Bangalore, India
Flowserve is the recognized world leader in supplying pumps, valves, seals, automation, and services to the power, oil, gas, chemical, and other industries. With more than 18,000 employees in more than 55 countries, we combine our global reach with a local presence.
• Should have hands on experience in managing suppliers of casting, fabrication, forging and machining commodities
• Managing required capacity with strategic and important casting, outside machining & fab suppliers. Create additional capacity with supplier as per the dynamic business needs.
• Create and review monthly supplier capacity, gap analysis and mitigation plans with constantly changing forecasting environment.
• Should be well versed with various agreements like Frame Agreement, Pricing, Long Tem and stocking etc. Including various clauses of the agreement.
• Good knowledge of India supplier base for the specified categories / commodities.
• Should have worked in global supply chain with experience in handling European and American Business Units.
• Experience in managing and negotiating periodic price structure with surcharge mechanism
• Experience in handling new project RFQ’s and provide business case to Flowserve global sites & team leaders.
• Should be a team player and should have ability to build relationship with the suppliers, colleagues and the business units.
• Working with suppliers in Asia region will be an added advantage
• Manage new projects and developments at supplier end using project management tools. Proactively communicate the progress with key stakeholders.
• Good knowledge and experience in VaVe & lead time reduction projects with Indian suppliers to meet the business unit expectations.
• Should have basic knowledge of Logistics
• BE (Mechanical / Industrial production) with Minimum 8-10 years of experience in global sourcing / commodity management / project management & supply chain in Valve or Pump or Engineering Industry OR Diploma Engineers with 10 years of experience
• Experience in developing suppliers in India and Southeast Asian region for casting, forging, machining, plastics, fasteners, fabrication & other key commodities.
• Knowledge on Mech. Engg. Processes & Practices e.g. ferrous & non-ferrous castings / forgings, machining, sheet metal.
• Costing fundamentals for above mentioned commodities
• Knowledge of purchasing & logistics functions.
• Knowledge of quality systems.
• Experience in working with global teams across the world and executing sourcing & supply chain strategies.
• Good analytical, negotiation & prioritization skills.
• Ability to multi-task & team oriented.
• Good communication skills in English & other local languages.
• Ability to communicate in any other Southeast Asian language would be an added advantage.
• Strong inter-personal skills.
• Strong ethical values
Percentage of Approximate Travel Required:
Primary Posting Location:
Job Posting/Business Card Title:
Job Posting Category:
Auto req ID: