Flowserve Corporation Machinist in Pasadena, Texas
Flowserve is the recognized world leader in supplying pumps, valves, seals, automation, and services to the power, oil, gas, chemical, and other industries. With more than 18,000 employees in more than 55 countries, we combine our global reach with a local presence.
As a member of a Flowserve Quick Repair Center in Pasadena, TX, you will machine new and repair valve components to print, out of a variety of metals and plastics on CNC Mill and Lathe (Manuals skills is a plus). Metals included are Alloys, Carbon Steels, and Stainless Steels.
The Machinist duties include, but are not limited to the following:
· Solid understanding of CNC Controls and must be able to use G-Code and Conversational programming on both 4 axis HAAS Mill and 2 axis MAZAK Lathe.
· Must be able to do own setups, tool changes and set tool offsets.
· Able to implement preventive maintenance schedule and report equipment issues to management. Maintain machine and work area clean and organized.
Must have own tools (Calipers, Micrometers, Depth Micrometers, Indicators, Etc.)
· Supports the QRC’s efforts at maintaining performance standards in the areas of safety, cost of scrap/rework and on time performance.
· Ability to demonstrate a good working knowledge of machining and mathematical skills.
· Ability to demonstrate working knowledge of processes necessary to complete all assigned task within the production schedule.
· Ability to communicate all manufacturing processes to peers and supervisors.
Candidate shall be safety orientated and follow all safety guidelines required by the company.
· Familiar with inspection equipment, their functions and uses in order to ensure that all manufactured parts are machined within tolerance limitations.
· Maintains minimal scrap and rework on all manufactured parts. Recognizes the common causes of scrap and shares that knowledge with other Machinists.
· Performs other duties as required.
•High school diploma or GED equivalent
• 5+years machining experience in a manufacturing or repair environment operating a CNC Mill and Lathe. Must have experience setting up and writing programs.
•Must be able to hold a tolerance to .0004
•Must be able to read and interpret blue prints and drawings
•Standing for long times required, repetitive arm motions, frequent lifting of 30 lbs. with occasional lifting up to 50 pounds. Must be able to lift 50 lbs.
• Must be able to work overtime, including weekends and participate in on-call program as required on short notice
Experience with Haus or Mazak machines preferred
Percentage of Approximate Travel Required:
Primary Posting Location:
Pasadena, Texas US
Job Posting/Business Card Title:
United States of America
Job Posting Category:
Auto req ID: