Flowserve Corporation Conventional Machinist - 2nd Shift in Bridgeville, Pennsylvania
Flowserve is the recognized world leader in supplying pumps, valves, seals, automation, and services to the power, oil, gas, chemical, and other industries. With more than 18,000 employees in more than 55 countries, we combine our global reach with a local presence.
TRAINING & EDUCATION REQUIRED:
· High School diploma or equivalent.
· Previous experience with large cast components and forgings.
· Minimum of five (5) years of experience.
· Ability to read and follow route sheets/Blueprints.
· Work well with people.
· Strong communication skills.
· Organizational skills.
· Product/Process knowledge.
· Self –Starter.
· Understand the product and process flow of specific department.
· Establish and maintain open lines of communications with all associates.
· Good time management and organizational skills.
· Able to handle work accurately and swiftly under tight time constraints.
· Take the initiative and ownership for their area.
· Able to resolve problems quickly.
· Work overtime hours as needed, including weekends.
The successful incumbent will work in the Prismatic Cell and report to the 2nd Shift Plant Supervisor with In-Direct reporting to the Plant Manufacturing Manager. Must be able to efficiently and effectively set up and operate CNC lathes and mills. Complete set-ups on a variety of turned parts and castings. Knowledge of layout and set up of castings and raw material. Machine parts to close tolerances (.001”) from raw material and/or castings in the most efficient manner while understanding safety and quality requirements.
· Set-up large castings and forgings to best possible conditions.
· Complete turning, boring, milling, drilling and tapping operations on Vertical Turret Lathes and Horizontal Boring Mills.
· Work on split components that includes face-milling and bolting together of 2 parts, then machining as 1 piece.
· Set-up and operate facing heads and tapping heads.
· Set-up and machine large casting in the VTL within .001 and machine to drawings
· Hold tolerances to within .001
· Utilizing overhead crane, lift and maneuver large castings for set-up into conventional machine tools
· Proficient with digital readouts.
· Other duties may be required.
The knowledge and skill to utilize overhead cranes safely is a plus
Job Posting/Business Card Title:
Conventional Machinist - 2nd Shift
Primary Posting Location:
Bridgeville, Pennsylvania US
Percentage of Approximate Travel Required:
United States of America
Job Posting Category:
Auto req ID: