Flowserve Corporation Project Manager in Baton Rouge, Louisiana
Flowserve is the recognized world leader in supplying pumps, valves, seals, automation, and services to the power, oil, gas, chemical, and other industries. With more than 18,000 employees in more than 55 countries, we combine our global reach with a local presence.
Regional Project Manager ensures that Flowserve meets our commitments on complex aftermarket orders related to repairs, upgrades, hydraulic rerates, and maintenance of rotating pumps and equipment for our customers in industries such as oil, chemical, pharmaceutical, municipal water/wastewater, and power. These complex projects involve technical challenges, substantial risk, and multiple service centers, and they may cross state and international boundaries. The position is located in Baton Rouge, Louisiana.
Duties include, but not limited to:
· Leads kickoff meetings and phase gate meetings to coalesce strategies into actions. Identifies stakeholders and analyzes their expectations.
· Ensures contractual requirements are understood and reflect what has been negotiated.
· Assists the project team to develop the scope of supply, to translate work breakdown structure into an activity-based schedule and to identify the critical path. Helps the team to prepare key project management documents.
· Communicates project specifications, terms and conditions to key suppliers.
· Leads project review meetings and collaborates with all disciplines during the project, including engineering, operations, and sales, to ensure that Flowserve delivers on-time, on budget, and to the highest quality standards.
· Tracks progress towards budget objectives. Monitors our on-time invoice submissions and cash collections.
· Develops communication plans. Gathers and integrates reports, data, and information to communicate regular, accurate status and forecasts to all stakeholders, including customers. Presents project progress to management on a routine basis.
· Identifies and manages risks, and ensures that contingency plans are established for all key milestones, and triggered if necessary. Ensures that contract changes are documented, approved, and integrated into the project plans.
· Captures lessons-learned as they occur, then documents and shares them with stakeholders.
· Demonstrates a commitment to effective, standardized project management. Motivates, coaches and influences team members to learn and use project management tools and to follow best practices. Engages personnel at Flowserve’s service centers to actively participate in project teams and to assist project management efforts.
· Monitors and coaches customer support personnel to make sure that bookings are timely and that customers’ orders are acknowledged appropriately.
· Bachelor Degree in Engineering
· Minimum 5 years of industrial experience in rotating equipment is required.
· Minimum 3+ years of experience in project management.
· Deep understanding of project management concepts, with a high proficiency in project management tools and software. PMI certification desired.
· Strong understanding of how documents, materials, parts flow through the manufacturing environment.
· Self-motivated with a desire to drive a project management culture throughout the region.
· A process-oriented mindset, and a demonstrated ability to analyze processes and to provide suggestions for improvement.
· A personal style that is achievement-oriented and collaborative, with the ability to coach others and discuss problems in a way that gets results, promotes teamwork, and builds relationships
· Demonstrated success in forming, leading, and sustaining cross-functional teams and meetings.
· Demonstrated organizational skills to break down and sort work into tasks; to identify and order priorities; to establish, communicate, and execute schedules; and to maintain data and files that are current and retrievable
· A professional demeanor with clear and positive verbal and written communication skills.
· Computer savvy, and a skilled user of Microsoft Office programs.
· Overnight travel occasionally required.
Bachelor Degree in mechanical engineering
Candidates with experience in pumps.
Primary Posting Location:
Baton Rouge, Louisiana US
Job Posting/Business Card Title:
Percentage of Approximate Travel Required:
Job Posting Category:
United States of America
Auto req ID: